jotta Published is a platform for your writing. Upload articles, events and critical writing here.FEATURED CONTRIBUTORS
Imagine if Oscar-winning screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher gave you his latest script and asked you to direct it?
Well, that’s exactly what he has done. Bombay Sapphire and Tribeca Film Festival have teamed up to offer five burgeoning filmmakers a once in a lifetime opportunity, using their imagination to interpret a short film script created by Academy Award winner, Geoffrey Fletcher.
A global film initiative, The Imagination Series wants young filmmakers around the world to rouse the dormant filmmaker within them and envision a film treatment for Geoffrey Fletcher's 70 word script. Absent of any direction, you'll need to bring Fletcher's script to life using your chosen genre, your locations, your characters and most importantly, your imagination.
Read Geoffrey Fletcher's script and enter your submission here by 23.59 on AUGUST 1ST 2012.
An international judging panel, including Geoffrey Fletcher and other industry leaders assembled by the Tribeca Film Festival, will select five winners from a shortlist of entries. While there are some specific entry requirements, the main judging criteria will be on how vividly you use your imaginations in the concepts submitted.
Besides the rare experience of working with film industry folk at the top of their game, the Imagination Series rewards each winner's imagineering with the budget to make their film and bring it to the big screen by Bombay Sapphire. Pretty awesome.
On top of all that, each film will be screened at a star-studded international premiere in early 2013.
Now, what aspiring filmmaker would turn that down?
Download the script here and find out submission guidelines after the break.
• Written treatments can be between 500 and 1000 words.
• Treatments must be for for films which is under 5 minutes in length
• You can submit your treatment in any medium; written, storyboarded images or a video treatment, as long as the judges will understand the idea you are trying to convey. The following supporting materials are allowed:
- 1 x video in either mov/mp4/wmv format with a maximum of 100 words describing the Video (no longer than 60 seconds in duration and no larger than 100MB in size)
- images in either jpg/png format: a maximum of 10 images, with a maximum size of 10MB per image with a maximum of 100 words accompanying each image.
• The competition is open to live action, 3D and animated treatments
• You can add to the dialogue if you wish, but ultimately it is Geoffrey's script as written you should work with.
- If you are selected as a winner then your winning Entry will be made into a short film of approximately five minutes in length. The five winning treatments will be produced by a company appointed by the Organiser in its sole discretion.
- Winners will be invited to take part in directing the production of his or her Film under the supervision of an Executive Director.
- Winners will receive three trips within the country from which they entered the Competition, including round-trip transportation, all food and accomodation.
- Each winner’s Film will receive a screening within the country from which they entered the Competition and each winner and one guest will receive VIP access to that event.
Deadline: 23.59 August 1st