Career support during the residency will include:
- A crit session/studio visit from an established artist
- Support for awardees in establishing their own peer mentoring group
- Ongoing professional support and mentoring programme
Furthermore at the end of the year awardees will also have the opportunity to apply for a £1,000 bursary to realise a project or an exhibition.
- Application deadline: Monday 30 July 10am
- Shortlisted Applicants Interviewed: Wednesday 15 August
- Successful Candidates informed: Friday 17 August
- Official Announcement of Selection: Wednesday 12 September
- Residency Dates: October 2012 – October 2013
Any Fine Art graduate from the University of the Arts graduating in Summer 2012 is eligible for this opportunity. The following colleges are part of Univeristy of the Arts and run relevant courses
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
- Chelsea College of Art and Design
- London College of Communication
- Wimbledon College of Art
- Selected applicants should attend the studio a minimum of 16 hours a week.
- Selected applicants should report back on progress and learning every 3 months and produce articles/video/content in format to be agreed for Artquest website
- Selected applicants must not be enrolled on any further study during the period of the residency
- Application is via email only.
- Please send your completed applications to Simona Dell Agli by 10 am Monday 30th July. Late applications cannot be accepted under any circumstances.
- Please send all required material in one email if possible.
- Please ensure that attachment sizes are kept to a minimum
- Please note that applications not adhering to these guidelines cannot be considered.
PLEASE READ THE APPLICATION GUIDELINES AND NOTES BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING YOUR APPLICATION.
If you have any problems or questions regarding the applications process please email Simona Dell Agli
Applications should be sent via email only and should include the following information. We are expecting very high numbers of applications – please help us by keeping your application as brief as possible while ensuring all relevant information is included.
Please send the following in one email with the header LIFE BOAT Application in the subject line.
1.) Images of your work
- In the body of the email links/Website address/es of sites containing 5 images of your work (if you do not have your own website, send the link to any photo sharing website (such as Flickr, Axis or Showtime) or any review / gallery page your work appears on) and an indication as to which images you would like us to consider.
- In the body of the email links/Website address/es of sites containing 5 video/audio clips up to a maximum of 5 mins length per clip (if you do not have your own website, send the link to any video sharing website, such as YouTube or Vimeo, that your work appears on) or an indication as to which part of the video / audio in a longer piece you would like us to consider
- Or any combination of the above (i.e a combination of links to moving image work and still images totalling no more than 5 images/videos)
2.) Personal Information and Supporting Statement
A word document or PDF containing your Personal Information including
- Your full name
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Address including postcode
- College Attended
- Course Attended
- Year of Graduation
And a statement supporting your application of no more that 500 words which should include
- Artist’s statement about your work
- Likely direction of practice in the next 12 months
- Details of any projects and exhibitions you have initiated or been involved in outside of your course of study
- How you feel this residency will help develop your career and practice
3.) Equal Opportunities Form
Please download and return an equal opportunities monitoring form at the bottom of this page to help us ensure our applications process is as fair as possible and attracting a diverse group of applicants. You do not have to answer any question on the monitoring form that you prefer not to.
Your own Website
The easiest way to apply is to include your website address in your application, detailing the specific pieces of work or projects you would like to be considered with direct links to those pages. Please ensure that full details of the work are visible including title, year, media and dimensions.
- Make sure you make them publicly accessible
- Put full details about the work including title, year, media and dimensions in the description box.
- Include any necessary information about what we’re looking at if it’s a detail, or installation shot.
Video and Audio
If you would like to submit moving image or audio files and you do not have a website that supports this we suggest uploading video or audio content to YouTube (or any other video sharing website) and emailing these links to us.
- Check the help and guidance on the best formats to upload your material.
- Ensure that you include full details of the work in the description box when uploading your video including your name, title of work, year, duration, dimensions (if appropriate) and any other relevant information that you feel is necessary (such as whether or not the video is part of an installation, for example)
- Ensure that your privacy settings are such that the video is publicly available